Woffling On

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Struggling on with Drupal

I thought this post would be about my replacement for Drupal but I am still struggling on for the moment. Must be a glutton for punishment.

Part of the problem with Drupal seems to be that, ... well, how can I put this, ummm, it's not a product of programmers perhaps. I get the impression that the idea people driving the project are really library science or information management people. Very frightening things happen when such people get the idea that they know about information technology, software development, user interfaces, and everything else in the software development life cycle.

For all of their probable information management ability, they still don't know how to communicate. Their documentation and crazy implementation really are bad and they don't like to be told. No wonder so many people just move on to other software and dump Drupal.

I'm willing to cut my losses if I must. At this stage though I'll give it just a little bit longer. If you're following this saga though, don't hold your breath waiting for a happy ending; it may just not happen.

We shall see soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home