Woffling On

Sunday, August 07, 2005

OK, I'm Over It...

Yes thanks, I feel much better now. Hmm, yep, that's right... I took my own advice.

Today was the day Dr Mani ran his 24 hour blogathon. I hope you donated, every bit helps, small or large. Of course, if you can manage large, then please do give generously.

Dr Mani is a paediatric cardiothoracic surgeon with a heart of gold. He runs a blogathon to raise funds for the sole purpose of providing extremely cost-effective heart surgery for poor children.

What does heart surgery cost in western countries? Thosands of dollars?... tens of thousands of dollars perhaps? Yes, and even six figure sums. Well at the hospital where Dr Mani has provided many children with effectively a new life they can do the operations for US$3,000. No, that's not a typo - it's really just three thousand dollars. Remarkable isn't it?

Rather than put a link here for you to follow, I encourage you to do a Google search for Dr Mani. You could add 'blogathon' or 'heart surgery' or several other things, but just go ahead and do the search. You'll find the results quite interesting. And yes, I'm sure you could donate to his registered charity at any time, not just during the blogathon. Give the gift of life, there is none greater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home