Woffling On

Monday, August 22, 2005

Drupal Heavy Going

Well I had hoped for a shorter or flatter learning curve with Drupal. Alas, it is not working out that way at all.

I've encountered bugs with the htmlarea plugin and noticed that even before I installed it the actual markup of postings was buggy. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. They're the worst type of bugs.

There is a support portal but it is pretty unfriendly and has a particularly defensive and diffident tone. Thorough searching revealed others with the problem but no real resolution. Disappointing.

I will attempt a fresh installation, which is a time-wasting pain in the neck actually, and see if that resolves the issues. I certainlly hope so because Drupal looks quite promissing. However, if it doesn't, that will be the end of my Drupal excitement/experiment.

The next possibility should Drupal fail to respond to treatment is Nucleus CMS. It is not in the same league as Drupal in terms of functionality or power, but by all accounts, it works. Though tempted to cut my losses on Drupal early and make the switch now, I think I'll give Drupal one more shot.

OK, here we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home