Woffling On

Friday, August 19, 2005

I Took The Plunge

Well yes, I did it. Did what you ask? Hmm... tut, tut, you haven't been keeping up with this blog have you? Avid followers would know full well that I refer to the giant leap into Drupal CMS for The Health Gazette site.

So, yes, I did it. I guess on reflection, my frustration with and reservations about WordPress were even greater than I had expressed. I must say at the outset that I can see some slight shortcomings in Drupal and I certainly have a lot to learn about managing it, but - and this is the exciting bit - I have already gone live!

Yes, you can see my fledgling efforts at The Health Gazette now. Please understand that it is brand new and I have a mountain of work ahead just to get some "starter" content posted.

No lengthy delays seemed necessary or justified. Frankly, it had been delayed for long enough.

With this CMS software I can include considerable interaction with readers. Actually, I am delighted with the realization that readers or visitors can actually become members, allowing the creation of a real online health community. Now that obviously won't happen overnight, but it is an exciting prospect nonetheless.

The interaction is offered in several ways on the site itself. Some content pages offer the option to respond with feedback and to provide feedback on the feedback. There are also blogs and even forum software.

Practically everything produced within and managed by Drupal is also made available as an RSS feed. This means that individuals can take content into their feed readers or XML feed equipped applications. The Health Gazette ezine is made available as an emailed edition of new content at least monthly so this is adds to the pot, so to speak.

The Health Gazette is the ezine or newsletter for my existing family of sites that you can see listed on right page margin.

Hey, if you're reading this, why not pop over to the site and take a look around. You could even leave some feedback! See you there, I'm back onto that content...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home