Woffling On

Monday, August 15, 2005

More Progress at Healthy Vitamin Choice

Well it is quite exciting to see the steady climb up the Alexa site rankings of sites that one owns. Since all of my sites actually are written by highly qualified experts in the relevant field (my wife and myself !!) it is gratifying to see that quality content can overtake at least some of the junk sites produced merely by "online marketers".

The site that caught my attention this morning is Healthy Vitamin Choice. As of today, Monday 15 August 2005, the ranking is 154,311. Not exactly the top 10 or even the top 100,000 but when you consider that it has only had content for a couple of months and has had no promotion other than a couple of inbound links for spiders to crawl, it is still quite good.

Those spiders have resulted in some search engine listings and hence some traffic. Over the weekend I also listed the site in a half-dozen directories. I will be quite interested to see what happens to the site when Google does its next update in a couple of months or so from now.

Like I said on the site, it is disappointing to see so many sites in the important area of health, that are not written or produced by people who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to health and wellbeing. Don't get me wrong here: I'm not for a moment suggesting that one should be a health professional to teach others about health. I am a health professional and I strongly believe that such teaching must not be completely left to the professionals. Indeed, many non-health-professionals know a great deal about health and wellbeing and could teach us all a few things.

What I am unhappy with however, is the sleaze and junk element. The people who merely want to cash in on promoting some health products or services. These people neither know about health nor care about others and are motivated by little more than self-interest.

If these people were entirely harmless I would be comfortable with my usual freedom-loving live and let live attitude. But these greedy marketers turn their skills to promoting rubbish that does no good and can certainly cause harm and in the process they distract people from finding quality information. Even their skillful domination of internet marketing and web-based promotion avenues tends to block the availability of important information.

Anyway, enough of the gripes. It is much better to tackle them head-on and to present quality information and get it out there, otherwise they win by default. So it is good to see progress on the Alexa ranking for my site. I know it offers quality health education that can empower those who find and use it. Go take a look - and tell your friends about it. And be well :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home