Woffling On

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Pressing on With Drupal

What a difference persistence makes. I was sooo... tempted to quit. Struggling up the steep and tortuous Drupal learning curve was getting past any type of joke. However, I stuck in there for just that little bit longer and 'bingo', the breakthrough came.

I can't say I'm a fan yet and I still have a long way to go. But the good news is that I have managed to solve some of the biggest problems and, whether documented elsewhere or not, I've made my own workarounds to set it up in a way that I think will be workable.

Now I grant you that isn't a full-on endorsement. I'm nowhere near that stage. But having hung in there and stuck at it like I did I'm gratified to have made the progress I've achieved. I now can see that with a bit more work I can get this software to perform more-or-less the way I want it to, and that's no minor achievement for a Drupal newbie I can assure you.

So this post is really about celebrating a minor achievement and actually noting that, as the saying has it, persistence pays. It is a good feeling and I might as well enjoy it. Lord knows I've earned it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home