Woffling On

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Google PR Experts Thin on the Ground

Yesterday I began a small quest to uncover some details related to my PR 0 issue. It did'nt seem like a very big deal and I assumed that a search would reveal an appropriate forum where webmaster experts would immediately recognize the issue as something they'd encountered.

Of course my related assumption was that having located such a venue, people would be willing enough to offer some worthwhile free advice. After all, I do this all the time.

It turns out that it is much more difficult than I expected. There are two problems.

The first problem is that vast numbers of people appear to sprout forth their assorted ideas to account for just about everything even remotely Googlesque. That's fine, until you recognize that they really don't know what they're talking about and that for every pontificated notion their is an equal and opposite one on the next page. Could this be Newton's Law of Google Advice?

The second problem is that the people who probably do know the answer to my questions about the Google situation, operate in fairly rarefied air it seems. They have become the unreachables. Their knowledge and expertise is freely available, but only to one another. Evidently real Google knowledge is a status commodity, not to be given away too lightly.

Of course, playing this game is a wank. How can one tell if they really do know what they're talking about if they won't share it or expose it to public critique?

My conclusion is that it's all just too dificult to be bothered. Sooner or later I hope the big G gets its act together and allocates some page rank to my sites. In the meantime, I am content to get on with what counts regardless of Google, and leave Google to its calculations. As for the remote, alleged experts, well, they have just become totally irrelevant.

Perhaps PR is as one self-proclaimed "GoogleGuy" pronounced and Google is reported to have stated, merely for entertainment. I, for one, am happy to consider the Google Toolbar PR to have nothing more than entertainment value. I can also tell you that I'm not so desperate for entertainment as to need that!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home