Woffling On

Friday, September 23, 2005

Travellers' Update

Well news has finally filtered through from the European oddyssy. I have heard from both my daughter and my son.

My daughter called from the consulate in London where she and her husband evidently had to do some administration to obtain access to their pre-arranged rent-a-car. My son-in-law had intended to take his driver's licence, but forgot. Understandable really, he was so amazingly busy right up to the moment of departure.

So my daughter called and asked me to go to her place, find their licences, photocopy them (fortunately they have a copier) and then wait for a call from the consulate with a fax number to which the copy could be sent. All went smoothly and took less than half an hour so presumably they are now off enjoying various parts of the UK.

My son emailed with details of their time together in Holland. Again, they all had a great time, though he noticed that his sister was clearly more in the tourist swing of things and didn't tire as quickly as he did!

They just missed going up the Dom tower in Utrecht because of a train delay from France, but everything else went smoothly enough. They visited various parts of Amsterdam, walked endless streets in old and newer districts and enjoyed some great canal trips by boat (or is it barge?).

They visited Rotterdam and took a trip by boat to the kinderdijk and took the obligatory photos of the 19 windmills. Indeed, my daughter evidently found that to be the highlight of her Netherands visit.

My son has some digital photos that he will send later today and evidently my son-in-law took quite a few film photos. They should be pretty good I think, as he's quite a good photographer.

I probably won't hear from my daughter again until she returns. Their European adventure end in about one week. Then it will be back home and back to work. The trip doesn't last all that long perhaps, but the memories can last a lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home