Woffling On

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Expert Help Needed re PageRank

After considerable patience and some reflection I think it may be time to seek some expert advice on my Google PageRank issue. I cannot think of any reasons why my PR is still at zero.

My sites are reasonably new but that doesn't explain complete zero values since they have been well and truely found and indexed. That's what puzzles me. Almost all of my pages are "in" Google but the PR is still zero.

We aren't talking about crappy, spammy, software generated, adsense mania pages. All of them are professional standard, content rich and completely original and have no advertisements at all.

My Healthy-Vitamin-Choice home page did have the standard PR 1 when it was first indexed by Google. This sat there for some time while the other pages still had not been added. Now the other pages have been added, which means Google clearly has found them, but the PR at the recent update went from 1 to zero, which just doesn't make any sense at all.

None of my pages has ben banned. There is definitely no reason why they should be. They all have PR of zero, not the greyed out PR indicator of banned site.

Time is usually the answer. It takes time for Google to get around to updating the PR values. So why did the one site already with a temporary PR 1 go to PR 0 when the update occurred? I have even waited for a couple of weeks since the update to allow plenty of time.

So I just can't work it out. I have great sites with ample pages and several incoming links. They are known to and indexed by Google. Technically, they shouldn't be at zero, but they are. I'll just have to seek some expert input to try to find out what the story is.

I'll try a well ranked webmaster site and see what I can discover. Hopefully someone has some information that can help me fathom what is going on. I'll let you know what turn up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home