Woffling On

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Well, That's My Excuse

Between my last two posts (yes, the ones prior to this one) a full week had elapsed and I was shocked at how much time had flown past while I was busy rebuilding after a nasty virus and trojan attack. Now I see that almost twice as long has passed up to this post. Not good really, not good at all.

But that's life in the fast lane. Yes, I'm joking. How can a woffler be in the fast lane? Ha!

The fact is I have been sitting right here for most of the two weeks since my last post. I've been quite preoccupied with website development, of all things, which seems quite ironic. Too busy building a website and writing content to build this one at all.

Part of my problem is that I am multi-skilled and currently disinclined to delegate. So I've been developing the site myself. This has included the technical and content development sides of the process. Some of the time has been spent installing suitable PERL scripts to run things like site search, list management for newsletter subscription, list merge to send out the newsletters, and so on.

I've also been exploring some of the finer points of WordPress blogging and content management software. It's quite good stuff, if a little rough on some edges. One virtue is that plenty of capable people make significant contributions to adjust and extend the basic product. I'm sure it will evolve some more yet.

The site development is coming along quite well, if a little slowly. At least it will be a unique and valuable site, offering worthwhile information to the world, and not just one of those junk filled quick-and-dirty automatic sites that seem to be cluttering up the search engines these days. The sooner they are cleaned up or cleared out, the better.

Oh well, time to get back to work. Hopefully it won't take so long for my bext post to appear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home