Woffling On

Monday, July 25, 2005

Time To Check In

What happens to time these days? Huh..? Can you tell me? I sure don't know where it all goes.

I know what I have been busy doing, but I still am amazed when I check the calendar and note just how many days have been swallowed up. Just as well I'm enjoying myself.

So what have I been doing? Well, it's like I said last time, I've been developing another website.

The one I mentioned last post was a blog. It is a WordPress blog and my time was consumed developing a suitable three-column flexible screen template. I solved that need by combining the work of a few other developers to make an entirely new design to suit my needs. Isn't Open Source and Community Commons wonderful.

Now, notice I didn't actually say that I have posted the blog. I haven't. But it is almost ready so I have shelved it temporarily while I develop a related website.

Web development sure is fun. Well, ok, it has its moments like anything else, but I enjoy it most of the time. What tends to take a long time, apart from writing quality content (no, not this stuff - this is just my "woffle" remember?) is engineering the requirements of truely standards compliant sites. That can present a few challenges.

However, I think the time and effort required to develop code that meets appropriate W3C standards is worthwhile. The more I develop the good-stuff the greater my dislike (yes, even disdain) for non-compliant code. I am beginning to become less irritated by those people who deliberately decide to produce websites that only bother catering to fully standards compliant browsers (which means none of Micrsoft's Internet Explorer range). Hmmm... I wonder what this means...

Well, enough of this light relief: it's back to work I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home