Woffling On

Friday, June 03, 2005

What a Beautiful Day - If only I had a Camera

So, did you miss me? I was knocked off my perch by a virus for a couple of days. Not much fun.

However, today was such a beautiful day my wife and I took a pleasant drive into the countryside and had a picnic lunch. It's winter here now. We're having cold nights, lately around -2 degrees C, fresh and crisp mornings, followed by clear blue sun-filled skys and warm days, until late afternoon when the temperature again plummets sharply giving cold evenings and freezing nights.

It was just such a glorious day today, that after breakfast on the patio, sunning ourselves, we decided to head off for a country drive and picnic. Great decision. Jenny made a persimon loaf and thickly cut slices with a little butter followed by fresh brewed coffee was an absolute treat. The persimon loaf recipee is one Jenny found by doing a Google search. I have no idea where she found it exactly, but to whoever provided it I'd just like to say THANK YOU!

Now I know I've talked here recently about a couple of "toys" I won on eBay auctions. So at the risk of sounding like a crazed consumer, making materialistic grabs for goodies, the fact is I wish I had a good digital camera. I saw some beautiful countryside, if a little dry since we badly need rain, so many native birds I was almost dizzy, and some wonderful images of a babbling brook by the clearing where we had our picnic. What a shame that I couldn't capture those images. My memory of the day now is fine, but in not too much time, will fade. That's where a camera would come in very handy indeed.

Of course a camera couldn't capture the awesome flavour of that persimon loaf, but a snap of the loaf and a picture or two of my face while eating it would probably give a reasonable impression of just how delicious it was. So now I have two current missions. Number 1 is to find a suitable web host for my projects and number 2 is to research and acquire a useful digital camera. Ah...it's good to feel well again. Life goes on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home