Woffling On

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Some Quick Updates On Life

Well it goes on doesn't it. So this is a quick update on the matters woffled on about herein. (Oh, and just one other thing that hadn't rated a mention before.)

Updating name servers
First, the Aplus saga. Progress has been made but we're still (...!!!) not there. Of the 4 domain names that were not redelegating, 2 are now working as set and 2 remain recalcitrant. However the Aplus tech support sent me an email closing the support item because they consider it fixed. Well, we shall have to wait and see. The times taken are completely ridiculous. I'll see if the remaining 2 domains sort themselves out within about another 12 hours and if they don't, I'll just have to escalate the support ticket instead of accepting its closure. Remember, get your domains (and I would say hosting) elsewhere.

Persimon loaf recipee
A great update on the delicious persimon loaf recipee I mentioned recently. The recipee certainly came from the web but it turns out that my clever wife adjusted it somewhat to suit our needs. One simple change was the use of 5 persimons instead of 2, since ours are the smaller sized fugi variety. As for other changes, well, I don't know. The good news is that Jenny said she will let me post the recipee here, so if you see it, go for it because it makes up a lovely lunch (and some...).

Web hosting research
So how am I progressing with the hosting research? As perceptive readers will have recognised, resetting the name servers at Aplus.net means I must have organized some hosting. And yes, I have. I have found a fantastic hosting service at an amazing price, which is not easy to do. I will give all the details in a little while; not sure exactly when yet. You see, I believe it's important to take the time to properly evaluate a service such as this and not to spread my excitement too early. I am certainly not expecting any problems and this host has been just great so far, but let me have some time on their servers before I tell all.

Digital camera research
On the digital camera front progress has been made. From amongst the dozens (and dozens) of models I considered, across several brands, I have reduced the choice to between just 2 models. Now this is just a reassuring update, so I'll give more details later. Stay tuned...

The one other thing
Even though you didn't know this, I was summonsed for jury duty. I've had to check in each day to find out if I was required to serve. Just a few minutes ago I received notification that I have been discharged and no longer need to be available. Well, that's a bit of a relief actually.

I guess that just about brings things up to date, so cheerio for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home