Woffling On

Monday, June 06, 2005

Busy Researching RSS ...

Wow! What an awesome technology RSS is. I'm tempted to say it's still in its infancy, but I'm conscious that all internet technology grows and matures at an astonishing rate. Indeed, it can become positively geriatric in almost no time.

I've been busy learning more about this tool for web developers and I must say it seems to offer quite a bit (no pun intended!). It seems everyone knows about RSS in Blogs. That's certainly pretty cool, but what I'm focussed on at present is using RSS to publish directly to static web pages. It can certainly be done and a tool I've just downloaded looks pretty exciting. It's called Listgarden from the good folks at Softwaregarden.

Go take a look at all the features, you'll be glad you did. Notice too, that they have some very well written online tutorials explaining how to set it up and use it effectively. Oh, and be prepared for a shock about the price. Yes, it's free! I found other applications that do the same (well, not quite as much actually) like rsscontentbuilder that will set you back US$97 but I think Listgarden is probably actually better. It certainly has a better price :)

I haven't forgotten my other research projects. Do you remember what they are? Well I'll remind you anyway. I'm trying to locate suitable hosting for some web projects my wife and I have underway and I'm secretly (yes...shhhh... don't tell Jenny, it's a surprise) searching for a digital camera. More on these soon I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home