Woffling On

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Popularity of Article Banks

Wow, it seems quite amazing that the two article directories I submitted an article to have grown, and so differently. Perhaps you saw my waffle (actually, it's woffle arond here...) when I posted my article to two sites. There's nothing special about that of course, except that the sites just happened to be brand new when I posted so I saw their "birth".

Well, backing up a little, one was brand new and the other was being re-launched after languishing in a state of abandonment in my care (or lack of care I guess). Yes, I refer to the site I have followed here for many months, HealthArticleBank.com. I never did get around to sorting out the server and software mess there so I ended up passing it on. So HealthArticleBank is now under new management and is fully operational.

It is actually being nurtured back to life by Arthur Banks, who calls himself Art Banks, so I'd say with a name like that he feels honor bound to make the sites work. Just to make my point, there are two sites, each calling themselves a bank, of sorts, "article banks" in fact, hence the irony of Art's name.

The other site is MarketingArticleBank.com and it started at the same time my old site was resurrected by Art. I'm pleased to see them both working, but admit to just a little sadness that my old health related site is far, far slower out of the blocks.

Knowing of the birth and resurrection (respectively) of course, I managed to submit the very first article into both sites. That was as recently as late February or early March. Today, March 23 rd, the HealthArticleBank site has 14 articles while the MarketingArticleBank site has 912. Yes, that's almost a full 900 difference!

I am in awe of the development rate Art has achieved at the latter site and impressed to see that my old health site remains fully functioning. I know Art has plenty of ideas for site development and I certainly wish him well with the ventures.

There seems little doubt that publishing articles is a valid and useful way to get a message out, across cyberspace. Now, if I could just find some more time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home