Woffling On

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Resonance, When it's Good to be In Sync

In my efforts to promote health and wellbeing I frequently find myself at odds with the orthodox so-called 'health' community of professionals. Yes, I am part of the community of health professionals, but I am very comfortable being one of the odd-bods who doesn't toe the party lines.

I say 'so-called' health professionals because in my opinion the vast majority of members are truely unworthy of the description. The fact is, they are mostly concerned with illness, injury and disease, not health at all.

This is a long-standing problem. Many years ago the World Health Organization (WHO) played its part in trying to show the error of their ways. The WHO did this by providing what may be regarded as an official definition of 'health'.

They said health is the state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity. Why do you think they put it that way, with an emphasis in the last phrase that seems to be chiding or correcting errant views?

It is because so-called health professionals had become so focussed on disease that the positive concept of health had been lost. They had completely lost the game plan for promoting health and acted in such a way as to suggest that all they needed to do was eliminate disease and health would magically appear.

Complete rubbish. Health is most certainly not simply the absence of disease and it will not spontaneously appear with the removal of disease. But lets be quite clear here, they also fail to deliver on what they do focus on. Can you show me where on Earth health professionals have eliminated disease? No? Sad isn't it. We pay a very high price to be suckored by this massive medical con.

So you see I am what you might call different. I actually know what health is, what it looks and feels like, what its determinants are, how to achieve and boost it. Yes, I know about disease too, but that's not where I want to focus.

Being this different does present its challenges. It can be a bit lonely at times and sometimes one feels like a lone voice crying in the wilderness. So it is very, very encouraging when I find someone else who is on the same wavelength. Someone who presents views and takes consistent actions that are in tune with my own.

One such person is Warren Matthews and I highly recommend his newsletter. If you want to hear some real truth about health and disease and are interested in ways to significantly improve your health, read what he has to say and then take action. You will be very glad you did.

Remember, your health is your responsibility. Do something about it now, don't wait until it is too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home